Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Lean Six Sigma training combines Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies to deliver a powerful toolset. Vector International “Teach-Apply-Review” (TAR) format reinforces key Lean and Six Sigma concepts with an emphasis on application and proficiency development. Furthermore, the weeklong application of tools, through team-based case studies, in class exercises and process improvement simulations, are embedded in every course to develop skills and tool proficiency.
This five-day program is designed to help companies identify and eliminate wastes, as well as reduce complexities and costs associated with poor product quality. Course participants will finish with a solid grasp of Lean Six Sigma tools and with the ability to apply these tools to drive improvement in critical business processes.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course builds on the fundamentals of the White Belt and Yellow Belt training. This level of training emphasizes the practical application of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies towards addressing real business challenges. Individuals who have pursued this level of training have attained an applied proficiency level in Lean Six Sigma.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt candidates are fully trained in the Lean Six Sigma methodologies and basic Lean and statistical tools. The certified Lean Six Green Belt professional may lead fairly straightforward projects or serve as a key member on projects teams that are led by a Black Belt. Typically, the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt trained practitioner is one who:
- Operates as the first line of defense against defects
- Identifies improvement opportunities
- Implements solutions
- Maintains improvements
- Participates in project teams
- Support the goals of project (within their area of responsibility)
- Continues using the Lean Six Sigma methodology that he/she has learned during the training
Vector International’s strong bias for practical application, along with their team of knowledgeable instructors, provides the ideal learning experience for individuals who desire to make real business impact.
Many managers have completed this higher training course and have walked away with increased confidence and a firmer grasp of the basics, allowing them to be able to better apply these important and profitable methods of management. This particular training is also the perfect foundation for those managers and executives who wish to integrate the principles and philosophy of Lean and Six Sigma in all aspects of their operations.
While this particular training is complete in and of itself, it also prepares candidates to pursue the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification level. This next level of training involves three additional weeks of intensive hands-on training that runs over a three month period. Candidates who have not completed the Green Belt level training will complete the Black Belt level program in four weeks that extends over a four month period.
- Certification examination
- Option for ongoing project support
Course Participants Obtains:
- An understanding of the fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma problem solving methodology
- Important statistical tools applied to drive critical business decision
- Understanding of important business processes and critical process variables
- Proven applications of Lean Six Sigma with real business results
- How to apply the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control methodology to improve the process & reduce variability
- How to apply Lean concepts to eliminate wastes and reduce costs
- How to control your processes to maintain optimum performance
- Effective change management skills